Sharona Byrnes
CalBRE#01862746

600 Deep Valley Drive
Rolling Hills Estates, CA 90275
Phone: 310-567-2705
Cell: (310) 567-2705
Email: sharona@southbaysharona.com

Lawndale


After a real estate boom in the Inglewood area, similar development began in the southern portion of the old Rancho, where the present City of Lawndale is located. This activity was the direct result of the opening of a seaport at Redondo and the railroad service that developed between the Port and Los Angeles.

The year 1902 marked the Los Angeles and Redondo railway's arrival in Lawndale along what is now Hawthorne Boulevard, later known as the "Red Cars”.  In 1910, a subdivision called "Lawndale Acres" appeared on real estate maps.  The merging of the two subdivisions covered the portion of the present city between Manhattan Beach Boulevard and Rosecrans Avenue.

Lawndale was still struggling with maintaining a rural setting amidst the rapid commercial growth and urbanization of the Centinela Valley.  Agriculture gradually declined - then zoning restrictions officially abolished it in January, 1958.  The Lawndale Civic Center was dedicated in March, 1957, and the city was incorporated in 1959.  Today, Lawndale still utilizes county fire, sheriff, and library services and has maintained its independence in other areas of control. The Charter promise of 1959 of no city taxes has never been altered, due to the city's practice of responsible financial policy.



 

CalBRE 01345054  © 2016 BHH Affiliates, LLC. An independently owned and operated franchise of BHH Affiliates, LLC. Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices and the Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices symbol are registered service marks of HomeServices of America, Inc.® Equal Housing Opportunity.   AGENT LOGIN          Powered By: Blueroof360.com


ABOUT     -     BUYING     -     SEARCH FOR HOMES     -     SERVICES    

 SELLING     -     TIPS FOR BUYERS       -     COMMUNITIES     -       NEWS